Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time Travelleler from 1907

April 9, 2009
Washington, DC

Cornelius Williams the 1st recorded time traveller issued the following statement during a press conference:
"Members of the press, I travelled from 1907 to meet with President Obama. In 1890, I found Standard Buggies International, which quickly grew to be the largest horse drawn carriage manufacturer in the United States of America. In 1896, at our peak we employed 70,000 out of the 200,000 workers in our industry. But, the ascension of the American automobile industry and stiff international competition spelled our doom. By 1906 we were on the verge of bankruptcy, yet our heartless government refused to bail us out. That same year I obtained a time machine and during my voyagers I learned about the multi-billion dollar bailouts that your great leader Barack Obama was providing failing businesses. So, I decided to meet with him and argue the merits of bailing out the horse drawn carriage industry. To my great surprise he enthusiastically agreed and tomorrow I will be returning to 1907 with $1.5 billion dollars. Oh if only we had this great change in our time!

No comments:

Post a Comment