Pictured Above: Glenn Singleton,
We are proud to announce that we are awarding Glenn Singleton the Jimmy Carter Prize for the Advancement of Douchbagery. Mr. Singleton is a "diversity consultant" who is paid upwards of $100,000 per seminar by school districts, city governments and corporations to create a "multicultural curriculum." Mr. Singleton's douchebagery only came to the public's attention when the Seattle school's policy of assigning students to schools with the goal of "promote diversity" was challenged by the supreme court. Here is a sample of Mr. Singleton's douchebagery:
1. The "brave conversations" that his seminars mandate are profoundly undemocratic and do not allow participants to diverging from pre-conceived conclusions, such as "only whites can be racist" and "the most devastating factor contributing to the lowered achievement of students of color is institutionalized racism" and "a curriculum tooled for whites, and are ignorant of the special ways that blacks and Hispanics communicate."
2. Paradoxically he promotes racism and stereotyping through beliefs such as "White talk” is “verbal, impersonal, intellectual” and “task-oriented,” while “color commentary” is “nonverbal, personal, emotional” and “process-oriented.”
3. He defines cultural racism as "Those aspects of society that overtly and covertly attribute value and normality to white people and Whiteness...Examples of these norms include defining having a future time orientation, emphasizing individualism as opposed to a more collective ideology...and identifying only Whites as great writers or composers.
4. Presenting baseless beliefs like "Asians are majority students" who only do better because "of the high expectations of their white teachers."
5. His seminar states that: “anger, guilt and shame are just a few of the emotions” whites should expect to experience “as they move toward greater understanding of Whiteness.”
Perhaps the single most revolting aspect of Mr. Singleton's program is that there is zero evidence that his racist seminars have narrowed the persistent, damaging performance gap between of minority students. If anything is has detracted valuable time and resources that could have been used to promote real academic achievement and not marxist, multicultural indoctrination.